Happy Holidays! The store will re-open Black Friday through December 1 for new custom builds on all models. December 2 until the end of the year we will be closed again to build orders AND some inventory to make leads times shorter. Although we might offer up some surprise builds in the meantime.
20 watts from 2x EL84
Designed by Epic Amplification, the new BROWN PCB fits into our 22H/Custom 2.X platform of chassis/cabinet and transformer set. The Brown sound is thick and heavy and dark with tons of gain. There are different versions of the origin story to this sound, and we believe our version evokes the original Jose mod which was later made widely available by F-man and other interpretations.
- 4 12AX7 preamp tubes
- 20 watts from 2x EL84 power tubes
- Hand-soldered, thick (black) PCB with through hole construction. High-quality components throughout
- Heavy, custom-wound Jet City power and output transformers
- Transparent pedal-friendly SS loop with internally adjustable level
- Channel footswitch included
Channel ONE: Hot-rodded Plexi
Bright switch option
Gain Boost option
Channel TWO: A faithful JOSE / F-man mod delivering the Brown Sound.
- Saturation switch - adds diode clipping
- Rear-mounted variable DEPTH control
- Front-panel channel switching with Overdrive indicator LED
- Acrylic control panel overlay color
- Many tolex and front baffle options at no additional cost
- Oversized Offset cabinet +$30
Because we use the same acrylic overlays for all amps, optional switches are not labeled on the front. We can identify those positions in notes when the build is complete.
Assembled in California from US-made and imported parts. Each amp is built one at a time and hand-serialized.
As always if you have something specific in mind or a question please email to email@example.com