JCA800 are due for shipping at the end of July.
2.X 20 watt amps will come back online in September.
SOLD OUT until FALL of 2022
20 watts from 2x EL84
Designed by Epic Amplification, the new BROWN PCB fits into our 22H/Custom 2.X platform of chassis/cabinet and transformer set. The Brown sound is thick and heavy and dark with tons of gain. There are different versions of the origin story to this sound, and we believe our version evokes the original Jose mod which was later made widely available by F-man and other interpretations.
- 4 12AX7 preamp tubes
- 20 watts from 2x EL84 power tubes
- Hand-soldered, thick (black) PCB with through hole construction. High-quality components throughout
- Heavy, custom-wound Jet City power and output transformers
- Transparent pedal-friendly SS loop with internally adjustable level
- Channel footswitch included
Channel ONE: Hot-rodded Plexi
Gain Boost option
Channel TWO: A faithful JOSE / F-man mod delivering the Brown Sound.
The Harry Browne switch option brings more of the JOSE / F-man full gain. If you don't want the upgrade to the switch this can be hard-wired in either position
- Saturation switch - adds diode clipping
- Rear-mounted variable DEPTH control
- Front-panel channel switching with Overdrive indicator LED
- Upgrade to Heyboer or Mercury US-made output transformers.
- Acrylic control panel overlay color
- Many tolex and front baffle options at no additional cost
- Oversized Offset cabinet +$30
Because we use the same acrylic overlays for all amps, optional switches are not labeled on the front. We can identify those positions in notes when the build is complete.
Assembled in Boise Idaho from US-made and imported parts. Each amp is built one at a time and hand-serialized.
As always if you have something specific in mind or a question please email to [email protected]